Terms and Conditions
This service is operated by Raffleland Ltd, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales with company number 13142303.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases of Raffle and Tickets and all Entries submitted to any Competition on the Promoter’s Website.
- If you do not accept these Terms please do not access and/or use our Services.
- Raffleland is an online platform for Raffle and Ticketing Management. Raffleland Ltd and associated companies, and references in this document to “us,” “our,” and “we” refer to Raffleland Ltd and Raffleland.com.
- We may update these Terms at any time. Please review the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued access to and/or use of our Services after changes have been made to the Terms indicates your agreement to be legally bound by the updated and/or amended Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website and App. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
If you have any questions on these terms and conditions, please contact us at info@Raffleland.com
- The Promoter
All Competitions are operated by the Promoter, and the Promoter is the official sponsor of each Competition unless specified otherwise. Where the product is sourced from a Raffleland Partner, the Promoter is authorised by that Raffleland Partner to offer their respective Product(s) as Prizes in the Competitions.
How to enter
- By submitting an Entry Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree to be bound, do not purchase Raffleland Tickets, and do not submit an Entry.
- To validly purchase Rafffleland Tickets and validly enter a Competition, a Visitor must become a Registered User by completing all details on the Membership Form on the Website, correctly answer skill-based question and make at least one entry to a competition before the closing date of that particular competition.
- Purchases of Raffleland Tickets shall be processed by Trust Payments. This shall be subject to the respective payment providers’ terms and conditions, which are available to view on their website: https://www.trustpayments.com. The purchase fee of the Raffleland Ticket(s) must be received by the Promoter in pounds sterling only.
- The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information. The personal information must include details of at least one form of contact and will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they have won a Prize in a Competition;
- to administer the Website and App, and conduct the Competitions; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up’s first name, town/county of residence and profile image or other provided photo on the Website and/or App, and in media communications about the Competitions.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoter with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- An Entry, shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in total for any one particular Competition, through any combination of Entry/Entries
- Only valid Entries will be entitled to participate in a Competition and be eligible to win a Prize in a Competition.
- Competitions are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 (eighteen) or over and residing in Great Britain, excluding the Promoter and their employee
- Only Registered Users are eligible to enter any Competition.
- In entering a Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize awarded in the relevant Competition. The Promoter may require any Entrant, including any Winner and/or Runner(s) Up to provide evidence that they are and were eligible to enter a particular Competition.
- The Promoter will not accept and will not refund Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- incorrectly answered(skill-based question not answered correctly)
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition entered.
- Entries on behalf of another private individual will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at the Promoter’s discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to close or suspend a Registered User’s Account (and prevent the individual who created the Account from participating in any future competitions under a different e-mail) at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, the Promoter shall be entitled to close or suspend a Registered User’s account if:
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User is entering Competitions in an excessive manner;
- the Registered User has become bankrupt;
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User has used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
- the Promoter considers that the Registered User has used the Website in an unfair manner, has deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of the Promoter or any of its other Registered Users or if the Registered User’s Account is being used for the benefit of a third party;
- the Promoter is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
- the Promoter considers that any of the events referred to in ‘a.’ to ‘d.’ may have occurred or are likely to occur; or
- the Registered User’s Account is deemed to be dormant.
If the Promoter closes or suspends the Registered User’s Account for any of the reasons referred to in ‘a.’ to ‘f.’ above, the Registered User shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by the Promoter arising therefrom and shall indemnify and hold the Promoter harmless on demand for the same. In the circumstances referred to in ‘a.’, ‘b.’, ‘d.’, ‘f.’ (excluding ‘c.’) and ‘g’ above, the Promoter will refund any funds in the Registered User’s bank account that has been used to purchase the tickets in the past(TBC with the user). In the same circumstances in the preceding sentence, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that have already been entered into a competition for which the Draw has not yet taken place.
Prizes and the Draw
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up for each Competition will be determined and awarded the relevant Competition Prize(s) so specified on the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up will be made on the Draw Date.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, the Promoter will never extend the Closing Date for any Competition.
- Unless otherwise specified in the description under a Competition, there is no Reserve Level and the Prize will always be given away on the Closing Date
- On a Competition’s Draw Date:
- there will be a Draw to determine the Winner, and the Prize shall be awarded to the Winner;
- where the Competition provides for one or more Runner Up Prize(s), there will be a Draw or Draws to determine the Runner(s) up, who shall be awarded the associated Runner Up Prize(s).
- If any Winner or Runner(s) Up cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 (twenty-one) days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or telephone outlined in the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their Prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect, that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, the second Runner Up (as applicable) would become the first Runner Up, and so on. At the Draw, there shall be a such number of additional/reserve entries drawn but not actioned or disclosed until required to permit the operation of this alternate Winner / Runner Up arrangement. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 21 (twenty-one) day contact requirement.
- The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to ensure and preserve the random nature of each Draw. Promoter will choose the winner either with the use of a True Random Number Generator provided by Random.org, or a ball machine provided by Smartplay International, however the Promoter may operate the Draw in any reasonable way and may change the Draw process at any time. The result(s) of the Draw are final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- Upon the request of the Promoter, the Winner, and where applicable, any Runner(s) Up will be required to forward personal identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, to the Promoter to prove their identity, that their Entry or Postal Entry was made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to the Winner or any Runner(s) Up being awarded any Prize in the relevant Competition. The Promoter may refuse delivery of the Prize to the Winner and any Runner(s) Up if the requested personal identification is not received. In the event that the Promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a Prize to a Winner or any Runner(s) Up, the Promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved or if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter such issue cannot be resolved, to award that Prize in a like manner as set out in term 26.
- In the event that the Winner or Runner Up resides outside of mainland Great Britain and wins a vehicle, the Winner or Runner Up will be required to travel to mainland Great Britain in order to collect the Prize. The exact location will be determined by mutual agreement between the Promoter and the Winner or Runner Up.
- The Promoter is entitled to refuse delivery of a Prize to a P.O. box or any other location that may be used to conceal the identity of a Winner, in order to ensure that a Prize is not delivered to a fraudulent Winner.
- In cases where the Prize is an experience, which should be taken to include, for example, domestic and international holidays, day-trips and one-off events or occasions, the Winner of the Prize or any Runner(s) Up will be contacted by either the Promoter or a Raffleland Partner to arrange delivery of the experience. If the Winner or Runner Up fails to confirm necessary details (e.g. the people who will be attending the experience, the desired date of the experience, etc.) within 14 days from the point of being contacted, then it is acknowledged that, on occasion, certain elements of the Prize may not be available, in which case the Promoter and the Winner/Runner Up will arrange a mutually agreeable substitute experience up to the same value as the original Prize.
- The Promoter does not in any way guarantee or give any warranties as to the value of the Prize, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove a Competition from the Website or App at any time, and in the rare event that this occurs, will refund all the Entries to that competition.
Announcement of Winners and any Runner(s) Up
The Promoter has the right to announce and publish any of the information outlined in term 6 pertaining to any Competition’s Winner and Runner(s) Upon the Website and App and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the Promoter’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall cooperate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests. In the case of failure of the Winner or Runner Up to participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests, such as obtaining a picture of the Winner or Runner Up with their Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to retake possession and ownership of the Prize, or recover the full cost of the prize
- Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting an Entry or, in relation to the use and enjoyment of a Prize by the Winner or Runner(s) Up gained through any Competition, except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence or fraud of the Promoter, or that of their agents, distributors, or employees. The Winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of any Prize awarded as part of any of the Competitions on the Website or the Prize Value, or any other description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner and any Runner(s) Up) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by human error or technical faults within the Promoter’s technological infrastructure.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for non-receipt or issues with receipt of a Prize due to errors in the information provided by the Winner or Runner Up, such as incorrect bank account details or a wrong delivery address.
- Website Use and Your Rights
The Website is owned and operated by Raffleland Ltd. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in the content displayed on the Website (“Content”) belong to Raffleland Ltd. All rights are hereby reserved. When you access the Site, you undertake: (i) that you are over 18 years of age, (ii) that you are using the Site in your own name and not on behalf of anyone else; (iii) that you will not allow any other person to use the Site under your name, nor will you in using the Site, pretend you are someone else or seek to disguise your identity; and (iv) that you are only using the Site and the Services for your own benefit and not for the purposes of providing Services to others.
Subject to the undertakings you give in these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to use the Site and any software on our server, which is enabled, by your use of the Site, solely to access the Site and Services.
- Our Rights
Failure by you to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach of these Terms and may result in us take all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; and
- Further legal action against you.
- Content Usage
The Website and the Content may only be used for your personal, non-commercial use. For educational purposes alone, you may retrieve and display the Content on a computer screen. You may also print out and photocopy the content of this website
Except as set out above, you agree not to download, copy, reproduce, modify, store, archive, show in public, redistribute or commercially exploit in any way any part of the Content without the prior written permission of Raffleland Ltd. You agree not to use the Content or the Website for any illegal or improper purpose, nor for any purpose, which might infringe the rights of others, or which might harass or cause inconvenience or distress to any person.
You also agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to the Content and not to remove or alter any such notice or restriction or alter the Content in any way.
The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any Competition at any time, either before or after Entries have been received. If a Competition is cancelled due to the Promoter’s actions and specifically not those of the Raffleland Partner or any other entity associated to the Competition, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant to the bank account confirmed by the Entrant. Where all the Entry Fees have been returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel any Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter
- Using the site, the content and your obligation
- When you register with us, you undertake that the details you provide us with are true, accurate and complete and that you will tell us promptly of any changes to these details. To ascertain how we process your personal data, please click on our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy at the foot of the front page of the Site.
- Part of the information you are required to provide to register with us is a Password. This is generated by you. You are responsible for ensuring that any Password (or any substitute Password) you use to register or to access your Account (after registration) is kept confidential, only used by you and is not used by or disclosed to others.
- You are also responsible for: (i) all transactions or activities carried out using your Account and password; and (ii) ensuring that when you access the Account that the system, you use to access the Account is secure, is not left unattended unless you have fully exited the Account and that your password is not retrievable from the system by others.
- You are responsible for notifying us if you know or suspect that your Account or password might be known to a third party. If you fail to do so, you will be liable and fully responsible until you notify us.
- Reproduction of the Website Content
The Website and the Content is the copyright of Raffleland Ltd. If you wish to re-publish, re-distribute or exploit the Content in any way you should address a request for permission to Raffleland Ltd
By Email to info@Raffleland.com
Raffleland Ltd cannot guarantee that any such permission would be forthcoming or on what terms.
- Third Party Links
Third parties are permitted to link to stories within the Raffleland Ltd website, using the URL and quoting the headline and the source.
A third party must ensure that nothing on its own website suggests or could be understood to imply that any part of the website is part of its own website unless the third party has obtained the prior written approval of Raffleland Ltd.
Raffleland Ltd reserves the right to withdraw any permission without explanation or notice if in its sole judgment use of such links is excessive or inappropriate. Raffleland Ltd also reserves the right to change the location and nature of files within the website without explanation or notice; it is the responsibility of the third party to check and update links as necessary.
- Trademarks and Intellectual Property
Raffleland is the Registered Trademark of Raffleland Ltd and the content of this site are part of its intellectual property. You may not use these marks without the prior written permission of Raffleland Ltd.
- Limited Liability and Disclaimer
Raffleland Ltd obtains the Content from a wide range of sources and it includes facts, views, opinions and information likely to be of interest to users of the Website.
Raffleland Ltd does not endorse or accept any responsibility for any views, advice, recommendations or opinions expressed on any website to which we link. You should note that any contact or arrangements made between you and any third party named on the Website or any third party website linked from it is at your own risk, and Raffleland Ltd accepts no liability.
The Content should only be used for your general information and use and not by way of specific recommendation or advice, as every individual’s circumstances are different. Before taking any action or decision based in whole or in part on the Content, you should always make your own independent checks of any information that is important in making such decisions or taking such action. You should also seek professional advice in appropriate circumstances such as over medical matters.
Raffleland Ltd does not give any warranties in respect of the Content or the Website, freedom from viruses or other contamination or that the Website is compatible with any computer systems, software and browsers.
All implied warranties or duties are excluded save if and to the extent that they may not lawfully be excluded.
Raffleland Ltd shall not be liable for any claims, losses, injuries, penalties, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use the Website or Content or from any action taken, or omitted to be taken, as a result of using the Website or Content.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Raffleland Ltd reserves the right to make changes to any part of the Website and to add to or change these at any time. Any new features or tools that are added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
If any part of these Terms becomes illegal, invalid, unenforceable, or prohibited in any respect under any applicable law or regulation, such provision or part thereof will be deemed to not form part of the contract between us. The legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
By accessing the Website you agree to accept that these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You also accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these Terms or your use of the Website or arising in any way from the Content.
All Competitions that the Promoter promotes, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoter.
- Company Information
Raffleland Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales with company number 13142303. Raffleland is an online platform for Raffle and Ticketing Management.
The Raffleland Ltd website Raffleland.com is the intellectual property of Raffleland Ltd.
- Your Declaration
With the acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions you declare and agree that you fully understand and accept the hereto stated rights and obligations, including all relevant and applicable internal rules, together with those described in the User Agreement and the Raffleland Ltd Compensation Plan.
Glossary & Definitions
Note that throughout the Terms and Conditions, plural forms of the capitalised terms are used, and have the same meaning as given below.
Account: means the Registered User’s Raffleland account.
Charity/Charities: means the charities or charitable causes that may be specified by a Raffleland Partner or the Promoter for a particular Competition.
Charitable Donation: means the percentage of the total Raffleland Ticket sales for a Competition that will be paid to the Charity or Charities specified by the Raffleland Partner.
Closing Date: means the date on which a Competition closes.
Competition: means any raffle operated by the Promoter on its Website to which these Terms and Conditions apply.
Draw: means the random selection of an Entry(s) from the class of total entries, that occurs on the relevant Competition’s Draw Date to determine the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up.
Draw Date: means the date at which the Draw takes place, which will be the earlier of the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or the point that the Competition is sold out. If the Closing Date is extended pursuant to specific wording in the description of a Competition, the Draw Date will be extended also, maintaining the same parameters stipulated within this definition.
Entrant: means any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an Entry to a Competition, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Entry: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the Entrant through the Website in order to gain an opportunity to win a Prize.
Entry Fee: means the entry fee payable as a condition of submitting a valid Entry. The fee will be stated clearly for each Competition and may vary between Competitions.
Membership Form: means the form required to be completed, in order for a Visitor to become a Registered User.
Prize: refers to the good or service so specified in each Competition that a Winner or Runner Up of that Competition may receive. The Prize to be awarded to the Winner and/or Runner(s) Up cannot be substituted for any prize of equivalent value, such as a cash prize, at the request of the Winner and/or Runner(s) Up. The Promoter reserves the right to offer a cash alternative to the Prize specified in the Competition and to offer a Prize of equal or greater value if for some reason the Prize is no longer available due to circumstances outside the Entrant’s control.
Prize Value: means the description of the value of a Prize of a Competition.
Product: means a good or service owned by a Raffleland Partner.
Promoter: means Raffleland, which is the trading name of Raffleland Ltd, company number 13142303, whose registered office address is Raffleland, Bournemouth, 54 wellington road, flat 9, bh88jp, United Kingdom.
Raffleland Partner: refers to a company or private individual that enters into an agreement with the Promoter to provide one or more Products.
Raffleland Tickets: means the virtual tickets that Registered Users purchase in order to enter into a Competition.
Runner(s) Up: means the Entrant(s) selected second, third, fourth, and so on as required by the Draw on the Draw Date, subject always to a Draw taking place in accordance with term 22 and not otherwise.
Runner Up Prize(s): means the Prize that a Runner Up will receive, as may be specified in a Competition.
Registered User: means a Visitor that has filled out a Membership Form, Registered Users are eligible to make Entries to any Competition, insofar as they are eligible to do so due to the nature of the Competition itself.
Reserve Level: means a certain number of Raffleland Tickets, which may be specified for a Competition in the description (but is irrelevant if not specified). If a Reserve Level is specified and not met by the Competition’s Closing Date, the Promoter will, at its sole discretion, either give the Prize(s) to the Winner and any Runner(s) Up, or return all Entries on the bank account provided by the entrant.
True Random Number Generator: means the Random.org software built by DR Mads Haahr of the School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin in Ireland. The particular software utilises atmospheric noise to ensure the highest level of entropy, and select a truly random Winner of each Competition.
Visitor: means any unique visitor that is a natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) to the Raffleland Website.
Website: means https://raffleland.com and all sub-domains attached to this domain.
Winner: means the Entrant first selected by the Draw on the Draw Date, and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.